ADP-MBOZI IN BRIEF
Actions for Development Programmes – Mbozi (ADP-Mbozi) is a registered national NGO with its headquarters based in Vwawa, Songwe region. The organization was officially registered on 10th October 2005 under Non Governmental Organization’s (NGO) Act number 24 of 2002, section 11(3) Act. Originally the organization was registered under the Trustees Incorporation Ordinance Cap. 375 on 29th November 1995 after operating for ten years as an agricultural development project from 1986 to 1995. The organization is working in Southern Highlands of Tanzania targeting smallholder farmers, orphans and vulnerable children, youths, widows and widowers.
ADP-Mbozi envisions rural and urban communities attaining livelihood security and sustainably managing their resources.
ADP-Mbozi is a leader in facilitating socio-economic empowerment of marginalized rural and urban communities in Southern Highlands of Tanzania through promotion of improved agriculture production and food utilization, entrepreneurship and market development, addressing challenges of environment and climate change and community empowerment on children issues, gender, HIV and AIDS and good governance. Moreover the organization will strive to strengthen its internal capacity in order to implement successfully the above mentioned focus areas.
- To facilitate socio-economic empowerment of marginalized rural and urban communities in Southern Highlands of Tanzania through promotion of improved agriculture production and food utilization, entrepreneurship and market development, addressing challenges of environment and community empowerment on gender, HIV and AIDS and good governance. Moreover the organization will strive to strengthen its internal capacity in order to implement successfully the mentioned focus areas.
- To contribute towards improving the quality of life of marginalized families in Southern highlands of Tanzania through increased household food and Nutrition security, income and livelihood assets
- To ensure that food insecure households in southern Highlands of Tanzania have sufficient food throughout the year.
- To promote appropriate food utilization
- Increase access to safe, adequate and sustainable Water services supply for community
- To promote hygiene and sanitation in the community
- To prevent and/or reduce the effect of climate change
- To sensitize community members so as to improve gender equity and equality, reduce impact of HIV and AIDS and improve good governance and accountability
- To build the capacity of community members to take care of marginalized groups in their locality such as MVC, people infected with HIV
- To promote and stimulate exchange of knowledge and experiences between target groups, professionals and others involved in fighting against poverty.
- Collaborate with local, national and international public and private institutions pursuing aims and objectives similar to those of ADP Mbozi
- Commitment: We believe commitment to our work shall lead to realization of significant positive changes in our organization and the community we work with.
- Sharing out: We believe that development is brought about through combining efforts of different stakeholders; therefore the communities we work with have a significant contribution towards their own development
- Transparency: We commit ourselves to be transparent in our organization and we shall inspire the same to the communities we work with.
- Trustworthy: We believe that trustworthiness can help us work as a team and therefore achieve our goals much more efficiently. We are also convinced that trustworthy, in case of target group, is a pre-requisite for successful achievement of their objectives.
Since inception and throughout its development the organization has been expanding its scope as well as constituency from one division in Mbozi district and now covering the whole of Songwe region and four districts in Mbeya region. Plans are underway to enable the organization undertake programmes in the whole of the Southern Highlands of the country that include Mbeya, Ruvuma, Rukwa, Katavi and Iringa Regions. With this spirit the organization is already working in Waging’ombe District of Njombe Region.
According to ADP Mbozi 2017 – 2021 strategic plan the target group of the organization is smallholder farmers, low income women, orphans and vulnerable children, youths and widows/widowers.
The ADP Mbozi strategic priority areas to be addressed in the next five years (2017 – 2021) are as follows;-
- Sustainable Food Security and Nutrition development
- Entrepreneurship and Market development
- Environmental and Climate change management.
- Community Empowerment on (Children, Gender, HIV/ AIDS, and Good Governance)
- ADP Mbozi internal capacity strengthening
STRATEGIC OBJECTIVES AND STRATEGIES
- Sustainable food security and nutrition status in communities improved.
- To increase crop and livestock production.
- To strengthen post harvest practices.
iii. To improve food budgeting at household level.
- To improve nutrition status at household level.
- To promote appropriate farming technologies.
- Entrepreneurship and Markets accessibility enhanced
- To strengthen Producers’ marketing groups and associations.
- To promote business development skills.
- To enhance Producers’ and traders’ linkage.
- To enhance access to Financial Services.
- A healthy and friendly environment in communities promoted.
- Enhance hygiene, sanitation and safe and clean water in the community.
- Enhance Climate Change and variability management.
- Enhanced community empowerment in dealing with children, gender, HIV/AIDS, and Good Governance.
- To promote rights and security of children.
- To promote gender equality and equity.
iii. Enhance HIV/AIDS prevention and Impact mitigation including O/MVC support.
iii. Enhance Good governance.
- Governance and management capacity of ADP Mbozi strengthened in order to operate efficiently and effectively.
- To enhance financial capacity of ADP Mbozi.
- To improve policies, systems and procedures.
iii. To improve human resource.
- To improve storage and retrieval of information.
- To enhance networking and collaboration.
- To enhance publicity of ADP Mbozi
ADP-Mbozi is using the following approaches:
 Marginalized communities are defined as all the people (smallholder farmers, Orphans and Vulnerable Children and Youth, low income women, widows and widowers) who because of their position in the society are exploited and are unconscious of their abilities to bring about their development and hence subjected to poverty.
The supreme organ of the organization is the General Meeting. The Management and Control of the affairs of ADP Mbozi is entrusted to the Board of Directors which reports to the General Meeting.
The management team of the organization, on the other hand, guides the execution of the day to day implementation of the programmes and organizational processes. The management team is composed of heads of departments. Other key members of staff may be co-opted. The current departments of the organization are: Sustainable Food Security and Nutrition development; Entrepreneurship and Market Development; Community Empowerment; Environment and Climate Change Management; and Finance, Administration and Organizational Development. Heads of departments report to the Executive Director.
List of board of Directors
|1.||Mr. Lebai Nsemwa||Chairman||P. O. Box 400 Mbeya||0754 895994|
|2.||Ms. Generose Lyimo||Member||P. O. Box 400 Mbeya||0754 564498|
|3.||Dr. Felix Akarro||Member||P. O. Box 1338 Mbeya||0754 629571|
|4.||Dr. Charles Mbwanji||Member||P. O. Box 493 Mbozi||0754 295726|
|5.||Christina Kihanga||Member||P. O. Box 52300 Morogoro||0767 350 606|
ADP Mbozi members
|1.||Mr. Lebai Nsemwa||Chairman||P. O. Box 400 Mbeya||0754 895994|
|2.||Mr. Victor El-Nshau||Secretary||P. O. Box 204 Mbozi||0767 237404|
|3.||Mr. Apson Mwang’onda||Member||P. O. Box 513 Mbeya||0754 888888|
|4.||Ms. Nasibu Mkoma||Member||P. O. Box 234 Mbozi||0768 565088|
|5.||Ms. Shitirinsia Kabuje||Member||P. O. Box 191 Mbozi||0755 996982|
|6.||Dr. Felix Akarro||Member||P. O. Box 1338 Mbeya||0754 629571|
|7.||Dr. Charles Mbwanji||Member||P. O. Box 493 Mbozi||0754 295726|
|8.||Mr. Ibrahimu Mwankanye||Member||P. O. Box 529 Mbeya||0767 386431|