OBJECTIVE OF THE PROGRAM
To improve the nutritional status of children, pregnant and lactating women in order to decrease maternal anemia and child stunting by 20% in targeted districts.
- 1. Momba district
- 2. Mbozi district
- 3. Songwe district
- 4. Chunya district
The program is Funded by USAID through Feed the Future – Africare Tanzania.
Mwanzo Bora Nutrition Program (MBNP) focuses on reducing below problems facing societies;
- Contributing to reduce the number of stunting to under five children by 20%.
- Reduction of number of Maternal anemia to pregnant and breastfeeding mother by 20%.
The program implementation at Momba district targets:
- Pregnant and lactating women
- Caregivers with children who are under two years
- Women who are in reproductive age 15-49 years
- Men whom their partners have the above mentioned characteristics.
Program Beneficiaries/Targeted groups
The Mwanzo Bora Nutrition Program on its implementation have the following beneficiaries.
- 1. Pregnant and lactating women
- 2. Caregivers with children who are under five years
- 3. Women who are in reproductive age 15-49 years
- 4. Men whom their partners have the above mentioned characteristics.