Strategic Objective 1: Sustainable food security and nutrition status in communities improved.
OBJECTIVE OF THE PROGRAM
To improve the nutritional status of children, pregnant and lactating women in order to decrease maternal anemia and child stunting by 20% in targeted districts.
- 1. Momba district
- 2. Mbozi district
- 3. Songwe district
- 4. Chunya district
The program is Funded by USAID through Feed the Future – Africare Tanzania.
Mwanzo Bora Nutrition Program (MBNP) focuses on reducing below problems facing societies;
- Contributing to reduce the number of stunting to under five children by 20%.
- Reduction of number of Maternal anemia to pregnant and breastfeeding mother by 20%.
The program implementation at Momba district targets:
- Pregnant and lactating women
- Caregivers with children who are under two years
- Women who are in reproductive age 15-49 years
- Men whom their partners have the above mentioned characteristics.
Program Beneficiaries/Targeted groups
The Mwanzo Bora Nutrition Program on its implementation have the following beneficiaries.
- 1. Pregnant and lactating women
- 2. Caregivers with children who are under five years
- 3. Women who are in reproductive age 15-49 years
- 4. Men whom their partners have the above mentioned characteristics.